Thursday, December 15, 2011

Signs your baby isn't a baby anymore . . .

So although Ethan is five now and I realize he isn't a baby anymore, there are still moments where I can't believe how grown up he is.  The other day we were playing in the basement and he said, "That's phat!".  Can't quite remember what he was describing, but he used this word correctly.  Then the other day he was pretending to surf on a couch cushion that was tilted up (he is a firm believer that couch cushions are merely giant legos waiting to be built into something) and he was yelling for me to watch him do a surfing trick.  He yells out in this teenage sounding voice, "That was sic!"  Not even hip enough to know if you spell that word with a "k" at the end or not, but I'm thinking it is such a hip word that it can't possibly have a "k" at the end. 

Today are holiday parties at school.  Katrina's party is 90 minutes long - that's a heck of a party.  Ethan's is an hour long - then we have one more day and we're on vacation!!  I think I'm more excited than the kids. 

1 comment:

Sue said...

Sweet.
Groovy.
Far out.