Tuesday, September 13, 2011

School and My Little Comedian

The kids have been in school a week now and LOVE it. Katrina goes all day and Ethan goes in the afternoon. They come home with smiles and have lots of friends and great teachers.

Katrina's sense of humor continues to develop in an amazing way. Last Friday night she cracked me up. We had gone to Dairy Queen and as we sat at our table, a guy who was about 18-20ish and a little socially different started talking to me about a rainbow he had seen. I talked to him for a few minutes and I wasn't sure how I was going to get out of the conversation, but finally he left. Katrina watched him until he got into his dad's truck and they drove off. Immediately she turned to me and in her teenager like voice said, "Sooooooo, how was your date?" I started cracking up. After a few minutes of sitting there and thinking while I was laughing she said as if she were a movie director and she even gestured with her hands on this one, "Next time, you need to put more looooovvvve into it." I started laughing so hard I was crying at which point Ethan said, "Why are you crying?". Greg then replies, "She's sad that her date left." I laughed and laughed. That kid comes up with some things and some expressions on her face that just crack me up.

On another note, we have made a little frog pond (a little pool that we buried in the ground) and we actually have frogs living in it! Ethan has put his tadpoles in there and he goes and checks on them everyday. That's it from here - I was going to post pictures of the first day of school, but I never seem to find time to do that. Maybe next time!

7 comments:

Sue said...

I wonder what Katrina's teacher thought when Katrina told her about "Mommy's date?" And then the PTA hears about it ... and then it turns into the Harper Valley PTA. ...or not. It is a funny story.

Glad you have frogs. I think frogs eat mosquitoes and you get a lot of those!!!!

Denise said...

That's so funny. I laughed out loud even though I'd already heard the story.

Actually I just had to pause there and read it yet again. (Very well written, too.) Hilarious!

Sue said...

I just read it again and I again that it is STILL funny, too.

Sue said...

Did you laugh at the wording of my last comment? What the heck was I trying to say?

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I have had such a difficult time posting to your blog. So I am trying something new. I love your blog and miss you guys!!! Sounds like you guys are doing so very well!!
Paulina

Anonymous said...

YAY!! It worked!!
Paulina

Kathryn said...

I can envision you laughing until you cry. I think I have seen that a few times....miss you guys. Loving your blog!!!