Coming this week as soon as I get a chance to do it. . . pictures of my nearly, almost, somewhat kinda done front landscaping. I have spent many hours out there pulling up the vines that once covered the house and planting plants which I have already moved many times. The house is definitely feeling like it is ours now, but we're learning they didn't do much maintenance on this house. For example, this weekend I learned the gutters are completely clogged and they have the covers on them to keep the debris out (apparently the covers aren't all they are cracked up to be). In my attempt to unplug some of them under the deck, I learned an important lesson. When looking up under the gutter, keep your mouth shut - not open. A mouthful of gutter water . . . yuck! Greg spent all weekend cutting down trees that needed to be chopped down and now he is working on his wood pile. He is now quite proficient at chopping down trees and I'm pretty sure he does a primitive grunt every time one falls.
Life is good here - no complaints! I had forgotten how late it stays bright up north. Fireworks won't start until 10:30 which I think is even later than in Minnesota. I don't think we'll be doing the big show this year, but I'm sure our resident firework guru will be picking some up for his own home display. I don't think you can get the same selection as you could in AR as I think everything that exploded was legal there, but I'm sure he'll still put on a good show!
No comments:
Post a Comment