Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our Outings















Here are some pictures from our trip to the zoo over Memorial Day weekend. In the picture above and the one at the top, we were in a big bird cage with over 300 parakeets and they would land on your food stick and you could carry them around. The kids loved it (even though Katrina ended up with something extra in her hair by the time we left - yuck!). The kids and I rode a camel (a huge step for Ethan - last year he would have been too scared) while Greg took pictures and we also petted sting rays. The funniest moment for Greg and I at the zoo occurred while we were watching the wallabies (second pic from the top). When the joey hopped out of the pouch, the woman next to us started yelling, "It's giving birth!! It's giving birth!! Look! Look! It just gave birth!!" While Greg and I tried not to fall over laughing, someone finally explained to the woman that the baby simply hopped out of a pouch. The zoo is only 25 minutes from our house and it was a great time. It is surrounded by bike trails, a huge park, and swan paddle boats on a pond that I am going to try to get someone to do with me next time.


We also went to a Grand Rapids Whitecaps game this weekend. The kids somehow instinctively knew how to clap along to the all of the music and cheers being played which was simply fascinating. It was very family oriented, but we lasted only a few innings as the sun was cooking us. Ethan has already talked about going to another game though which is great.


This is the last week for Katrina's school - she is almost done with kindergarten and off to first grade in the fall!!








2 comments:

Kathryn said...

For some odd reason, I just can't BELIEVE Katrina is going into 1st grade. Wow, kgarten went quickly! Great pics. :)

Sue said...

I agree with everything Kate wrote.