We had a great weekend and enjoyed having Greg home for four days. On Saturday, Katrina, Ethan, and I attempted a bike ride to the playground in our township which is about three miles away. Greg circled around in the minivan in case someone got tired. Ethan did a good job and worked so hard. He made it about 2/3 of the way with me cheering, "Try to go faster than a mosquito!" (Katrina and I are mosquito magnets for some reason even with spray on - still prefer MI mosquitoes to AR ticks anyday!). Finally, we loaded him in the van although I think he could have made it, but thunderstorms were coming and we wanted to let them play for a bit. Then Katrina took off at full speed and I followed. Watching her was pure joy - remember going as fast as you could when you were a kid?? The wind in your face, the swoosh of your tires? Well, I got to relive that with her. Next weekend we're going to hit some bike trails and Katrina and Greg will ride and I will attempt to jog beside Ethan. Anyone want to follow me with their car in case I get tired? :)
Another example of pure joy - the college student dancing by the road in front of the complex where Little Caesar's pizza is with her sign advertising two for one pizzas. That girl dances with all she has. She wears her MP3 player and you would honestly think she was at a party dancing. Breaking it done. She exudes utter confidence. I really hope she is that confident at everything she does because wow, she makes me smile every time I drive past her. I think she would make a great character in a children's book - she dances like crazy all day long advertising pizza, her parents take her to the doctor as they think something is wrong with her as she dances all day and then dreams of dancing all night - of course, there would have to be a statement about how she makes sure her MP3 player's volume is set at a safe level. And it would have to rhyme. There in lies the difficulty.
2 comments:
What joy it is to read your stories!
This made me very happy. :) Love your Michigan blogging!! :)
Post a Comment