Last Thursday, our Ethan has his graduation ceremony for preschool. It was very sweet and he did a great job. Now he is on summer vacation until mid-September when he will start Young 5s (MI offers this as an alternative to kindergarten for kids who are on the younger side of the kindergarten age range - the following year he will go to kindergarten). He will most likely have Katrina's teacher from this year whom we have loved. His only regret about graduation was that he didn't get to wear his "marryin' suit" like his his friend, Max, did.
4 comments:
Sure wish they had something like that here in Minnesota - would be helpful with the summer birthday kids! I"d been meaning to ask you about your school decision for him. Josie's birthday is August 29th and she'll wait one more year to start Kindergarten.
Ethan looks like he takes graduation seriously. Although he may have wished to wear a wedding suit, he looks very handsome as he is.
We're doing the same thing. If Josie were here, she could go to Young 5s, too. They teach the regualr kindergarten curriculum, but there are just not any hard written goals for the end of the year. They do switch groups with all the classes where kids who are doing well are grouped together and kids that need some extra help are grouped. So next year if he is doing really well, he can still be mixed in with a regular kindergarden class during switch time to make it more challenging. Kind of an easy decision for us wtih this option. My niece is an August 20th bday and she started young and has told my sister (D, I hope I'm quoting her right) that she wishes she were in a younger grade (doing outstanding academically, but socially is younger than her peers if I'm correct - is in third grade now). I've never met anyone who has regretted waiting. Or so everyone tells me :) I'm sure Josie is super bright and outgoing, but geesh, it is a hard month for bdays and school start dates!!!! :)
So proud of Ethan, he looks adorable. My heart wishes time would stand still a bit. This is such a sweet time!
Post a Comment