Right down the road this week is Holland, MI's Tulip Festival. I had big plans to go to this and I was probably going to drag the kids with me. That changed this week though when I was talking to some of the other moms at school and while we were talking, one of the kids picked all the tulips in front of the school for his mom. We all laughed as I was just relieved it wasn't my child who had picked them (although it was very sweet and heck, they were going to die at some point anyway). Someone made the comment, "You should be glad you aren't at the Tulip Festival." Apparently, there is a $50 fine per tulip picked. So I've decided not to risk it this year. Maybe next year.
A neat thing around here though - people sell flowers in their front yards. You can buy a big bunch of tulips for $1 or $2 depending on which stand you stop at. The people at the houses have decorated metal cans with pretty paper and they are so darn cute. One day my goal is to have the camera in the car and take a picture of the kids buying tulips. But so far that hasn't happened. Maybe one day. Or perhaps the image in mind is better than what actually might happen if I attempt this. Perhaps I should just go with the image in my head. Much less work.
3 comments:
Sounds like a neat place to live!
I agree with Denise.
I would love to see the tulips!! I agree with Denise.
Post a Comment