Saturday, July 30, 2011

How long does it take to finish with one state?

Over a year is the answer to the question. Minimum. Arkansas still tracks us down on a regular basis. I just received a letter a few weeks ago about being selected for potential jury duty. We still get bills from the propane people even though we have called three times telling them we moved almost a year ago. I think we are finally done with tax stuff from there - they have personal property taxes on vehicles and they run a year behind for some reason so we finished paying those this year. So for any of those out there who might be moving to a different state, be warned. It isn't so easy to escape . . .

On a different note, for the first time in my life today I cracked an egg and it had a double yolk!! A real thrill!! There are only two other houses on our road and one of them put out a bunch of cucumbers and zucchini with a "free" sign on them - we took half the stuff as there was really only one other family who could take any. Our nice neighbor was out when we were loading up the car and he said he had so many that he was throwing them into the woods (and here I cringe for all the starving people in the world that we have so much food we can throw it away). Anyway, I was making zucchini bread and wahlah, a double yolk! Quite a bit of excitement, eh?? :)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I think people who can be happy with the little pleasures in life are fortunate. Your blog makes my smile.

I have to admit that when I was reading your story about the double yolk, I was preparing to read that you found a chicken. I was already getting sick thinking about it. I need to remember to hear the whole story and not make up my own. Although mine was an interesting one...