Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Sweet corn
For the first time in almost four years, we are eating REALLY good sweet corn. Oh, how we have missed you, sweet corn! The kids love it (they have no memory of Midwestern sweet corn) and I couldn't believe that I had forgotten how good it was. There are tons of fruit and veggie stands here everywhere. Blueberries are just coming into season here and when we return we are going to go and pick a bunch - the blueberry fields here are amazing. Katrina's green bean plant from kindergarten actually produced a fair number of beans that the kids have been picking. Next year I will plant more on our deck as we have too much shade for a garden. It is very hot for Michigan this week, but it doesn't hold a candle to Southern heat!! My poor friends in the South are cooking!! Perhaps you should all come out here for a visit to cool off??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am looking forward to tasting fresh blueberries!
Post a Comment