Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Homework

I didn't tell a little story that happened when we were getting ready to go sledding the other day.  I had taken Ethan's coat off to put his mittens on and was pulling on one of them kind of hard to make sure it was all the way on.  My hand slipped off and my knuckle hit the poor kid on his lower lip.  He cried and cried and there was a bump there for about 10 minutes - it had to hurt and I felt horrible about it.  Well, we had to work on homework later that day and one of the things he had to do was to write a sentence and draw a picture to go along with it.  I asked Ethan what he wanted to write and he said (in a nice slow voice like you would use if you were talking out loud while you were writing), "My mom punched me in the face."  Great.  I ended up getting him to write about playing Wii, but geesh!  The guilt!

4 comments:

Denise said...

That's funny.

Charlie wants to make snuggle helmets because we bonk heads so much when we're snuggling at night. Maybe Ethan needs a helmet too. With a face mask for extra protection from his mother's fists.

Anonymous said...

Oh that boy! Too funny. Miss you!!
Paulina

Anonymous said...

Ethan, you can come live with me, we'll eat chocalate every day and no school!!! Take that, mom!! Ha ha

Kathryn said...

Oh, that made me lol, because I am relieved I am not the only one!!!