Sunday, January 22, 2012

Simple Misunderstandings

This weekend I worked on painting our office (the next step is flooring!).  Katrina was helping me paint and she asked me where Greg was.  I replied (evidently not so clearly - I must have been speaking quickly), "He is upstairs working on some other things."  She replied in a surprisingly calm voice, "What is he smothering?"

Other than the painting and flooring project, life is just merrily rolling along!  Ethan can now write sentences and I love reading them (words are written as they sound - spelling isn't important yet).  Katrina can read just about anything and loves to start new books.  We have plenty of snow for sledding, although it will probably melt some this week.  The kids are staying busy with bowling lessons and Katrina loves her ice skating lessons.  They learned how to spin last week!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I just noticed that I have a monkey named Lizzy on my site!!

Sue said...

How do you have a monkey on your site?

Also, I do hope Greg is breathing okay now.

Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha, I was going to post something thoughtful, but after I read your Mom's post I can't stop snickering!

Lol,
Paulina

Denise said...

Monkeys named Lizzy are the best monkeys ever!

Kathryn said...

I am so glad K ask about the smothering. It is good to clarify such things!! Wow. Wondering what my kids have misunderstood over the years.

Anonymous said...

hey, my grandson wouldn't write on the wall.............innocent I tell you!!!

Julie said...

Painted over it while I was painting the office - the writing on the wall is gone . . . maye i just imagined it as clearly, Dad, Ethan would never have done that!