Monday, January 2, 2012

Last day of winter break. . .

Oh, how I dread the end of breaks.  Greg and the kids head back to work/school tomorrow and I am silently hoping for a snow day (even though that wouldn't cancel work for Greg as I'm sure he would point out if he were reading this).  We finally have some snow, although not as much as they said we would get.  We have about 3-4 inches.  We went sledding this morning and discovered that when you only have 3-4 inches, it is not a good idea to use a blow up sled.  One of them popped within the first five minutes - it was quite a ride down though!!  I need to invest in better sleds, I think.  We had a great break though which included trips to Build a Bear and the Children's museum.  However, I think the kids favorite parts were playing a card game over and over (Sleeping Queens), playing with the cats (Katrina's favorite part - Chewy has been dressed up in more outfits over break and Sarah the cat just watches from a distance now looking relieved that she is not the one being dressed up - Chewy is also very good at "sleeping" in a baby crib and he doesn't seem to mind wearing a bib), playing Wii (Ethan), and eating candy from Christmas stockings (both of them would agree on that one).  I also enjoyed eating way too much candy over break.  Happy 2012 to all of you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't want it to end either! I wonder if it has more to do with their ages now. I am loving 7 and 5, but I am not ready for 6. :0( I came across a picture of Katrina, Ethan and the boys the other day that I need to forward to you. It had to have been taken 2 years ago, they were all so little!! Love reading you blog!!!
Paulina