Sunday, February 5, 2012
A Heartwarming Site
Katrina has been begging to go ice skating so this weekend the kids and I went to the ice rink so that she could skate. If her mother were at all brave, she would have put on skates and headed out to the ice with her kids, but I have only ever skated once and I just remember falling. So I sent my two kids out onto the crowded ice by themselves. Ethan hasn't skated in over a year, mind you, but I really felt I would be more of a hazard out there than a help. But I felt guilty the whole time I watched them out there. Katrina held his hand tightly and skated him around the rink twice before he was done (he only fell once). And then Katrina took off and held her own amongst the college girls and other skaters. She is doing great at her lessons - is a fabulous spinner and backwards skater. Ethan has requested that the next time we go, he wants one of the things that little kids can hold on to so that they don't fall. I might actually brave the ice if I can hold on to that thing behind him - maybe I can pull it off that I'm just trying to help my son skate instead of the other way around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are not alone! I use the walker-looking thing all the time when I am "helping" Jacob. It's only a matter of time before he leaves me in his dust while I am still clinging to the walker.
Here's to holding onto the walker in our "old" age :0)
Paulina
Post a Comment