Ethan's articulation skills are getting better and better. I am LOVING his speech path - she is intelligent, respects my intelligence, and most of all, respects Ethan's intelligence. Today she said she was blown away by his progress and she said she had never had a preschooler who can count as well as he can. She was also impressed by how quickly he can identify letters. Most importantly though, she gets him. She said today that she can tell that he is so smart and his brain is going a million miles an hour and that he is trying to get his thoughts out so quickly that he loses intelligibility. She said that he is probably bored a lot of times at preschool and she is contacting his teacher about ways to help Ethan become more comfortable talking in front of the class. It is so nice to just have professionals around you that GET your child.
When people up here start talking about winter and going on and on about how much snow there is and how you get so tired of it, it doesn't dampen my happiness at being up here in the least bit. I'm just so happy to be back to what is normal to me. This is a really neat part of the country. People are so nice - my neighbor, who stays at home and has two young kids, has stopped by several times to say hi and today when I was dropping Katrina off I heard someone shouting my name and she was waving to me from her car and then her son hopped into the front seat and started waving. This was SUCH a Midwestern moment. I'm almost giddy about living up here at times. As soon as we get the upstairs painted, I'll post some pictures of the inside of the house. It is FULL of windows and I feel at times like I live in a tree house. Happy Thursday to you all!
3 comments:
Oh Julie, this post made me so happy. A Midwest moment! They are the BEST. Hugs from the Midsouth.
So glad you are loving it!
You live in a beautiful location. Got boots? Got high boots?
And what is not to get about Ethan!! He is wonderful and can entertain me by the hours. As can all my other grandchildren.
Post a Comment