Saturday, October 23, 2010

2023

What is 2023? The year that we will all be vacationing on the moon? The year that we'll have robots to clean our homes? The year we should be flying in those little cars like the Jetsons? No, that will be the year that Katrina (as well as her AR buddies Luke and Kendall) graduates from high school. Yesterday Katrina got into the car and opened her backpack. She reached in and pulled out a dark blue T-shirt and on the front it said "Class of 2023" and it has her school district name below it. It was sponsored by the high school student senate - her teacher said every year they donate T-shirts to the kindergarten with their graduation year on it. And even neater yet, as Katrina said, "It was free. You didn't even have to send money!" I thought this was a really neat tradition though - some seniors even came to give them the shirts. I keep looking at this shirt trying to wrap my head around this number. Ethan will be 2025. WOW.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2023!!! WOW! I plan on being there, one way or another. Cute idea. And I like "free" too.

Kathryn said...

How cool for the little ones to imagine themselves as seniors someday. I love that tradition!

Rockin' Redesigns said...

Cool tradition and it made me add up the years to see when my kids would graduate.

Denise said...

So I guess that means Charlie will be class of 2022 and Lizzy is the class of 2020.