Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!!
























This Halloween was our first in Michigan and boy did the kids have fun. We went downtown to a trick or treat that was put on by the businesses on the "strip." The "big kids" from Katrina's dance studio danced to Thriller in the middle of the street and they were dressed up like scary, big haired zombies. It was PACKED downtown, but the kids had fun. Don't you just love the big Coast Guard "blow up" things (there were people inside these and they were really neat, but Ethan wasn't so big on them)??? We were going to take the kids trick or treating in town that night, but they were wiped out.
Here are also some pictures of pumpkin carving (which we actually did today - somehow I forgot to do this!) and a picture of the almost complete sun room (still touching up the paint). Grammy Sue was here last week and I'm hoping next week I can post pictures of Katrina's completed purple room with the fabulous cat pictures that Grammy painted for Katrina's SIXTH birthday (which is Wednesday!).
The woman who was supposed to be the official Girl Scout leader has bailed. Now it is all on my shoulders. Can't say I'm really motivated, but I'm trying to get motivated. It is time consuming to become a leader and I have heard it is a lot of work to lead the troop. Katrina is still very interested in it. I'm going to training on Thursday and if that motivates me I'll go for it - just hard to do this when I have never done Girl Scouts before. Oh well, it will all work out! Happy Halloween!!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful pictures! It looks like you are settling in. The sun room looks great and the cat seemed to be right at home.

Kari said...

Good luck with Girl Scouts ... think twice before you leap. The things that Moms do - ha. I was a leader for a couple of years for Heather's troop.

Kathryn said...

Maybe you can find a co-leader? :) The house is coming along and looking quite homey. The kids' costumes are sooo cute! Miss you guys and glad life is getting organized for you. HUGS!!

Julie said...

Kari, would LOVE to hear more. Everyone I have talked to says to bail now. I feel badly letting people down, but it isn't like anyone else is stepping up. Plus I do NOT like selling stuff and as Kate knows as she is the same I have a phobia of being in parades. And to be honest, their membership stuff is chaotic in how it is organized. It just doesn't flow well and well, I think I'm going to quit. Going to talk to another mom today and then I'll go from there - plus for the record for these people, I never wanted to be the leader, I just wanted to HELP the leader periodically, you know??

Denise said...

Great photos! The sun room looks great!

Bail now on GS. It is way too much for one person. (And there are A LOT of parades!) ;o)

Kathryn said...

Parade phobia. I am going to google that and find the official name so we can diagnose ourselves. ;) lol

Danica said...

fab photos!