Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

In about one more hour, Greg's side of the family should arrive! The kids are excited and have been waiting all day and Greg and I are excited, too. We will be doing Thanksmas again this year so tomorrow will be the big day where the kids get to open presents and then we have the big meal. I have all the leaves in our dining room table for the first time since it has been mine. My friend, Selina, told me a good trick that I have used and looks great. I have table liners to put on the table to protect it from getting wet, but they are just vinyl and I had to use two of them and it doesn't look so cute. She mentioned before using a roll of wrapping paper to decorate the table. I used a roll of Santa paper (took the whole roll the table is so big) and it looks so festive and only cost two dollars! Plus I can throw it in the recycling when the holiday is over!!

No snow accumulation yet - they said it would be a late year for snow with the lake being so warm, but the kids' school has tall orange stakes all along the sidewalks and paths so that they know where to plow. Definitely cold now!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone arrived safely from New York. It was raining hard as we were driving from from Defiance. Have a great Thanksmas!!!!