Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Perserverance

Today was observation day in Katrina's ballet class. It is an hour long class in which they do ballet, tap, mambo, and gymnastics. She just amazes me at times -she just keeps pushing right along smiling and waving to me the whole time. The class is about five times the size of the one she used to be in back in Arkansas - there is a whole lot going on in there, but she just keeps dancing along and trying to do cartwheels. And there are even boys in there - now that is something you wouldn't see in Arkansas!! The other moms are fun to talk to - I always sit next to this mom who is from Canada originally and has lived in Europe and about four other states in the US and she is very interesting - and she can also not sit quietly so it is fun to sit next to her as I can't be quiet either.

Went to the downtown area today to pick up the clay projects from K's bday party. People are so proud of their businesses on this strip which is something that thrills me as you NEVER see this in Arkansas. Lucky if they make eye contact with you for a fleeting moment down there! Lots of neat Christmas present ideas there.

And lastly, here are some ways you can tell winter is on its way - the state parks are closed for the winter, the greenhouses are all sealed up tightly, the farmer's markets have taken their signs down, their are signs off erring to drive snowbirds cars to Florida (for a small fee of course), and there are holiday parades every weekend. Even this Saturday - multiple ones to pick from! Got to love that!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have watched Katrina.

I guess they get the parades out of the way before the snow. I am looking forward to details on how you deal with 100 inches of snow. I guess you have to dig paths for the dogs?

Denise said...

So glad MI has a vibe that you jive with!

Kathryn said...

I am proud of Katrina, too. That is a long time to pay attention. :) The culture of Michigan sounds wonderful. You would LAUGH if you saw how hard I tried to make small talk with clerks last week. It would make a great Sat. Night Live skit!!

Julie said...

I can picture it so clearly in my head . . . LOVE that you keep trying. Talk about perserverance ha ha!