We have started to see people we "know" (and that is in quotes as we don't know them very well) around town which always makes me feel settled. At Greg's work party this weekend, a woman came over to say hi to me and I realized it was a mom of one of Katrina's friends from school. Yesterday we went to see Yogi Bear (which was only a so-so movie in my opinion) and Katrina and I heard someone yelling her name. Another surprise! It was a friend from her class and as we headed back to our seats, Anna walked right behind Katrina and sat in between her and Ethan. How cute! Even nicer was that her mom sent me a facebook message today saying how great it was to see us and how the girls will remember things like that forever.
We have been here four months already and things are feeling familiar now. Hard to think about staying here long term as we have been so busy moving for so long (the longest I have lived in one residence since I graduated from high school has been five years which was our home in Rochester). This is a nice place - beautiful area with lots of family oriented activities. Just a small working class town I'm learning. But people are friendly. And for those of us who put in time in Arkansas, that counts for a whole lot!!
"Around the home" news - Ethan now wants Mater to sleep with him every night. And Mater does. Heads right in at bedtime, jumps on the bed, goes to sleep, and doesn't make a peep until morning (granted early morning, but not sure if that is Mater or Ethan waking up). Right now Ethan has him locked in his room while he plays. Katrina has 18 more days until she gets her ears pierced. She has been doing a great job with it, even at night. Her four front permanent teeth are over half-way in now (thus the push for her to stop sucking her thumb). All the moms here highly suggest finding a place that will use two people so that both ears can be pierced at the same moment in time. Off to the post office to mail Pappaw Nick and Grandma Sandy's present, then to the library (loving the library system here - can get almost any book I have ever dreamed of), and then I'm going to attempt the playground with the kids all bundled up. And the store. We need to go to the store. Happy five days before Christmas!
4 comments:
Sounds like a nice place to be.
Glad you like your home,town and people; also glad you mailed my present! Ha
Sounds wonderful!! After 4 years, I am still not used to being ignored. :( I am so happy for you. Happy Christmas indeed!!
I am so happy that you are already starting to feel settled! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment