Happy New Year's Eve to you all! Here at our house we are having a flukey warm day and all of our snow has melted. This morning when the kids woke up they were devastated that all the snow was gone. They have had so much fun sledding all winter - everyone here promises us that we will have tons by the end of winter, but we have three years of Southern winters to make up for. We need copious amounts of snow!
People love to share information about this area and today the person who cuts my hair (Katrina was getting her hair cut - we gave up on growing out the bangs as we couldn't see her face anymore) was telling me that on windy days we have to go down to the lake by the lighthouse as she said there will be "Hawaii sized waves" that will actually go over the top of the lighthouse. She said the lighthouse will be covered in ice from top to bottom. We will have to check that out and get pictures if possible. An interesting piece of trivia!
Happy 2011 to all!
4 comments:
That lighthouse makes me happy! P and I were talking yesterday about our much anticipated road trip. Let us know when you are ready for visitors!! :)
Happy New Year!!! I am looking forward to the pictures of the light house.
Kate - I saw it last week and I think you will like it even better in person. Please tell Paulina hello.
I will tell Paulina, Grammy Sue. Someday I hope to travel as much as you !
ANYTIME KATE!!! Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you guys. AND I have even found a ton of restaurants that stay open past 10 bwahahah!!
Post a Comment