Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Betsy, the superstar

Today Betsy came to preschool for Ethan's show and tell (he is the special person of the week at school). She was a HIT and I was glad I chose her for the occasion. I imagined some type of order - two kids at a time coming up to pet her. Instead, as soon as I came over with her it was a mob scene (this is his teacher's first year teaching - I'll just leave it at that!). Eighteen preschoolers coming at her and she ate it up!! Rolled on her back so that she could snuggle into them more, let them all pet her, allowed about five kids at a time to hold on to her leash, etc. I hope the other kids didn't have as much dog hair on them as Ethan did. Mater and Bella would have done okay, too, but I knew Betsy was the biggest attention seeker in the bunch. So proud of her!

And today on my "country living" journey, I learned that there is an art to building a wood pile outside. We had some firewood delivered by a man and his two young kids. The kids unloaded it and built a pile along with their dad on the side of the driveway. After they left, I threw the wood over the fence down to where we keep it and then I had to build my wood pile. First, may I say this was hard work. Country living isn't for the weak. And the art of building a wood pile with a whole bunch of wood is now a whole lot more respected by me. Somehow that six and seven-year-old made this look effortless. Yes, six and seven. I am thoroughly humbled. My pile is precarious at best - teetering on the edge of survival. But I did it. And I'm not even sore. Yet.

2 comments:

Sue said...

That Betsy always knew how to make friends. Humans love her!

Great woodpile story. I have found the wood and dirt are heavier than I thought. I don't enjoy moving either.

Anonymous said...

Betsy is one cool dog