One thing I forgot to post in my listing of Michigan facts is you can get ten cents for your pop cans or glass bottles. Grammy and Gunner brought us a big bag when they came to visit and yesterday the kids and I took them to the grocery store. You put one bottle in at a time in this machine and it spins the bottle to find the barcode and then it disappears. Then you put the next one in and so on. Kind of a sticky job, but fortunately there is a sink at the end. But the thing that struck me as funny yesterday was there was a college guy with bags and bags of bottles who smiled and talked to the kids. As he put in his hundreds of beer bottles, the whole place smelled like beer. And then I got the image of the party that must have occurred in my mind. And of all the Michigan kids who had been trained from birth to put their cans and bottles into a special bag as they are worth ten cents. And for some reason the image of this party struck me as very funny and I started to laugh. That is when it pays off to have small children by you so that you don't look insane. So we got a chuckle and $10.80 out of the experience!
Also, Ethan is now OBSESSED with Star Wars as is his father. We have Star Wars Wii, the movies, books, figures, ships, even shoes. . . and he talks about it ALL the time. Greg's dream has come true - someone who he can talk Star Wars with ALL the time. There are times when I have now said to the boy, "Ethan, mommy is done talking Star Wars. No more. Wait for your father to come home." And then I automatically hear in my mind Darth Vader breathing and saying, "Luke, I am your father." Darn you, Star Wars!!
3 comments:
I had the honor of being at Julie's when Ethan, after being in front of the Wii with his father (who was Greg not Darth Vadar) playing Star Wars for a lengthly period of time, came up stairs to proclaim that he had killed Darth Mall (or Maul or some other spelling). Yes, it was indeed a proud moment for Greg. Greg was very happy.
My question was, "Who is Darth Mall?"
OH NO!! Not a mini Greg. lol
Ethan's true father will be revealed when Ethan hits the dance floor. If he has rhythm, Greg it is!
I can't believe I just wrote than. Quiet night in AR I guess.
Ha Kate!! That made me laugh. The dance floor version of DNA testing!
Post a Comment