Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Anticipating a BLIZZARD!!

According to the weather right now, tonight and tomorrow we will have a ton of snow and it will be a blizzard. Ethan and I are going to the grocery today and at 2:00 the minivan is scheduled to be fit with four spankin' new snow tires. We need them as the minivan has struggled this winter (it had to be towed off the driveway during a slighter warmer spell where the snow turned to ice and my poor van just kept slipping down until it was stuck in a small ditch). But the minivan has kept us safe for four years now, so I won't complain about her - she's the best of the best! Katrina's first comment when I told her about getting new snow tires (as she is now terrified of slipping after the ditch incident) was, in of course her serious voice, "Can we get purple ones?" If we got purple ones, I would definitely need spinning rims to compliment them. Few things strike me as funny as minivans with spinning rims.

Katrina learned how to spin in a circle last night at skating with one foot staying in the same spot. I will have to bring my camera next week to tape that. Ethan continues to love skating and gets up every time with a huge smile on his face and a wave for me. He falls a lot still, but LOVES skating. Katrina is still doing dancing on Tuesdays, but she has never loved it the way she loves skating. In fact, I'm not even sure she likes it, but she doesn't complain. There is an ice skating competition at the end of March that you can sign up for and she really wants to do it.

On the downside, the snowthrower tractor is not having the best of days. Its got a real bad case of the shimmies and is inoperable right now. On the plus side, we have a huge snowblower from our Minnesota days and a nice neighbor with a snowplow on his truck. I'll give weather updates if we actually get snow! Our friends were telling us this is the least amount of snow they have seen in the 25 years they have lived here, but maybe this will change tomorrow??

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

This weather is so interesting. Schools closed today. Rain now, freezing later, then 2-4 inches of snow. Will be waiting for your totals. :) Purple tires. I can see that!

Sue said...

Kate - I just checked out your weather. Right now it is worse than it is here.

Julie - I will be waiting for updates of the blizzard. You may replace Jim Cantore on the weather channel (not sure of the spelling of his name).) Hopefully you will have electricity and internet.

I loved the tire story.

Denise said...

Oh the anticipation!