Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Conversations and Observations from the Home Front

The other day Katrina and I had this short conversation after I was petting Vader the cat and realized he had something hard and crunchy on his fur.

Me: Do you guys know what is on Vader's back?
Katrina (in the most matter of fact voice): It is probably hairspray.

Not sure which kid did that, but someone clearly thought his hair needed to be styled.

Disney on Ice is coming to the big arena here in about six more weeks and I bought tickets for all of us as the kids love skating so much and are getting so much better so quickly. We went onto YouTube to watch some of the clips from the show and it really is amazing what all they can do on ice skates - jumps, splits, being launched from a teeter totter into the air and landing on someone's hand, etc. Katrina studied all of these videos closely and after watching them for some time, she says in her serious voice, "I'm going to try some of those moves tonight during free skate." During skating, I could see she was trying to get airborne, but didn't quite make it. Maybe next week. I wouldn't put anything past her.

I am often surprised when I walk into Ethan's room as he loves to do different things with his toys and other objects. Right now, Ethan loves to stick stickers on all kinds of objects in his room. His favorite spot for stickers is on the end of his bed. This weekend ,while putting clean sheets on Ethan's bed, I happened to look at his sticker collection and realized that he must have found a book of stamps at some point as he has a whole bunch of new postage stamps in his sticker collection. Not sure where he got them from, but had to laugh.

So anyway, those are my conversations and observations from the home front. The kids LOVE skating and I'm signing them up for more after this class. So fun to watch them skate a long. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please have the camera ready to record Katrina's jumps and leaps! I am looking forward to seeing them. It sounds like nothing with a sticky back is safe at your house. But I am sure the bed of Ethan's bed is artistically done.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha.......postage stamps on Ethans bed; that is so Ethan; look out skating world with Katrina focusing on her new moves...next stop the Olympics?

Julie said...

She's actually getting really good quickly. Will be interesting to see how much better she is by the end of the class - going to sign them up for the next one, too. Had to snowblow again today. More snow tomorrow. Have about a foot and a half. Right now I can see about 60 turkeys outside - they have found my feeders and visit them several times daily. Feel like I have a farm in between the dogs, cats, fish, birds, and turkeys.

Kathryn said...

Have you reached 100 inches of snow? Wasn't that the average? Your cats always were well-coiffed. NOW we know why. How cute! I love that the kids are taking to winter sports so well. :)