Last night the kids had ice skating lessons for the second time. The week before, Katrina was very disappointed as she was moved from the 6-8 year old class down to the 3-5 year old class (she didn't know the age groups - just that there was a beginner and an experienced class). She has a friend who stayed in the bigger kid class, but Katrina and I discussed all week that her friend had skated before. She begged me to talk to the teacher to get her moved back into her friend's class, but I just told her that her teacher would move her if she thought she was ready with that class. Every night we discussed this. Yesterday she went out determined to skate. I was talking to a friend when I looked over and she was in the big kid class! And she was doing great!! She only fell one time. Afterwards, I was telling her how proud I was of her for getting moved up. I had assumed that her teacher had noticed how well she was doing and moved her up. Wrong - Katrina went up to the teacher and told her that the class she was in was too easy. The teacher asked her to do some various skills and she did them all and was moved up! I never would have been brave enough to ask that when I was her age!! The video of Katrina is of her skating backwards (she struggled a bit, but has gotten really good at skating forwards). Ethan's clip shows his determination - the kiddo falls all the time, but he gets right back up!
4 comments:
Good for Katrina!!!! And good for the teacher too.
I loved the videos of both Ethan and Katrina. Thanks.
I just watched the videos again. I missed the bubbles in Ethan's the first time.
Love that Katrina did that! Maybe some of that determination will rub off on one of my kids if we hang around you guys for long enough. We'll be there tomorrow.
Great! Guest room is ready and I've told the principal to expect two new kids. She never fails to amaze me!
Post a Comment