Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Turkeys galore!

As I am typing this, there are over 60 turkeys in the yard (possibly over 70 - they keep moving around and I have to run around the house to count them - there could even be 80 - I can't see all of them through the woods). I can hear their turkey noises through the window. We love watching them although I have still never seen them eat from my turkey feeders. Betsy, the bassett, REALLY wants to go outside and chase them right now. Poor Betsy has a touch of arthritis this winter. She had a very hard first few years as a country dog/stray so I'm glad she is with us now. Might need to get some medicine for her.

Yes, in case you can't tell by all my blogs about turkeys, my life has become a bit uneventful since settling in. I used to have experiences in Arkansas every day (at least one a day unless I didn't leave the house) that gave me something to blog about. Arkansas and I were not compatible. Now I feel like my life is blissfully unexciting. It is happy here. Today a mom that I had met one time at a school function was sitting in her car and as I walked by she flagged me down and hopped out to talk to us. Little things like this might sound really not exciting, but to those of us who lived in Arkansas and rarely if ever had someone new talk to us this is still a BIG deal to me. That was my excitement of the day. :)

Perhaps I should be more adventurous to make my blog more exciting. Or I should rename my blog "Steady as she goes. . ." ha ha! But really, very content here. Tomorrow Katrina has her first eye appointment up here. She is dreading it as she despises the drops. Saturday at 1pm she is scheduled to get her ears pierced. Oh my, I am dreading the drops AND the piercings!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad it is happy there. Happy is good. And WOW!! That is a lot of turkeys.

Denise said...

Good luck with the piercing. Katrina will have to tell Lizzy what it's like.

Kathryn said...

I am so glad people are normal there. It is nice to know I did not dream it.

Julie said...

Ha!! Remember us talking about that - did we make up people being nice? Are we just losing our minds?? No Kate, we did not lose our minds. People are nice on the outside. Amazing the difference. People are NICE to me on a daily basis. WOW.

scowden2002 said...

We are getting ready to plan Emmy and Maddie's birthday party. They wanted to know if Katrina could come! They ask about her often. I am glad you are all so happy and un-eventful is not a bad thing. Tell Katrina and Ethan we said "hello"!