I have had my snow tires for a week now and I'm pretty sure we could tackle Mt. Everest in the minivan now. I can plow through anything. Well, I'm sure it has its limits, but it is markedly improved. I can at least get down and up my driveway now which really is a huge deal. No more (knock on wood) getting stuck on the driveway on the way to school and frantically grabbing the shovel and dumping a ton of salt to get out. Katrina no longer is terrified which is a step forward. Unfortunately, they were out of purple snow tires when we went so we had to settle for black.
On a funny note, during the blizzard on the Weather Channel they had this map and then small oval shaped photos of all the meteorologists covering certain areas around the country. Katrina looked at me and said, "I know who those people are. They're the Presidents." I explained the photo images did look like those we sometimes see of Presidents, but those were in fact weather people. A day or two ago she was watching cartoons and a commercial came on with President Bush and President Clinton talking about some disaster somewhere. I fast forwarded it as Katrina would ask a ton of questions about it. She looks at me as I'm doing this and says, "I know who those people are. They tell the weather." Tried to explain those were former Presidents, but finally gave up. One day she'll hopefully figure out the difference. Unless Jim Cantore runs for President and then we're going to be really confused here.
4 comments:
I love the Katrina stories. Those snow tires sound like a needed purchased. And I really like Jim Cantore. This country elected an actor as president - why not a weatherman?
Should people who are coming to visit you buy snow tires before the trip?
I'm sure someone could come up with a sarcastic response about presidents and meteorologists actually being all alike since both groups are wrong all the time. But I won't. Because I like Jim Cantore and . . . well, some presidents.
I guess that all the meteorologists were all men? Maybe when Katrina has kids and they look at the TV and mistake meteorologists for presidents there will be a woman in the mix.
Actually, there were men and women of all ethnicities in the mix so hoorah to Katrina. All they need to be is in an oval shaped ring and wahlah - presidential!
Funny post, Julie! Still hoping one of mine will be a meterologist. Maybe Katrina will be our president.
Post a Comment