Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy little moments. . .

Sometimes it is the little things that thrill me. Yesterday I arrived at Ethan's school about 20 minutes early so I thought it was a perfect time to text my dear friend, Paulina. I figured I didn't have time to call, but her sweet son who is also a kindergartner in Arkansas sent us his Flat Stanley to take on Michigan adventures so I wanted to let her know he had arrived safely. I typed my text message, had my finger on the send button, and then it rang instead and it was Paulina. The last time I had maybe 30 extra minutes sitting in the same spot I decided to call my friend Kate and she said she had just sent me an email. Friendship can trascend distance.

Tomorrow promises to be exciting/borderline nauseating day. I was roped into hoping the fifth graders make subs for the sub sale. While I love fifth graders (and of course Katrina and Ethan will be in tow), the thought of them touching lunch meat for four hours. . . egads. . . really grosses me out.

On another note, it is so easy to make friends up here. Makes for a busy week though - this morning we are having a play date here, tomorrow morning I'm having a new friend over for coffee (which calls for intensive cleaning as she is a very "clean house" person), Thursday I'm having two friends over (one has never been here - she is also a "clean house" person), and Friday we're having another play date with different friends. Aside from the cleaning and the fact that I get nothing else done (I'm still searching for a friend who is messier than me in MI), they are a lot of fun. Although on a sentimental note, I would take a play date with my AR buddies ANYDAY over one here!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

You'll have to come out of the (messy) closet sometime with your new friends.

Might as well make it sooner rather than later and save yourself some trouble! And time!

Sue said...

I'll be in Georgia for the next couple of weeks, if
Flat Stanley is interested in a trip there. He was in Ohio last year. We took pictures of him on the playground. That boy sure gets around!

Enjoy the sub making!!! How many subs can a submaker make in four hours?!?

Sue said...

Talk about things happening at the same time ... check out the times on the two messages above!

Julie said...

Woah, pretty impressive, you two!! And the answer is 1000. One thouand subs.

Kathryn said...

We miss you, but I am so happy it is easy to make friends there. Love the good ol' midwest. :)