Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Laughing out loud . . . all by myself
Last night at skating I found myself laughing out loud while sitting all by myself in the bleachers. There were just some funny/happy things on the ice last night. First, there was a kid in Ethan's class that did the world's craziest falls. He is the fastest kid in the class and he would be going full speed and start to lose control and he would actually spin fast circles (as fast as any pro) - sometimes two almost in a row - before crash landing. Then there was another kid who was about nine years old who did the world's longest falls. He was another fast one and he would start to fall. . . and then he would keep trying to hold it together. . . but he was still falling. . . and the fall just kept going . . . . and going. . . and after sometime he would finally crash. I was laughing and laughing. And I wasn't laughing at them just to clarify. I was laughing because of all the joy these kids bring to this sport. They hop right back up with huge smiles on their faces and off they go to repeat the exact same crash again in about 30 seconds. Most adults would give up after three or four falls, but not a kid - got to admire that about them. So it was admiring laughter that was coming out of me - really, the smiles on their faces after these craziest falls is the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am always amazed at the amount of joy in the world if we can just see it. I love the story. Thanks for sharing it.
P.S. I have witnessed the ice skating. These kids are so bundled up with snowpants and coats and mittens and helmets, I don't think the falls hurt.
A fall that goes on and on? My kids would love that. I can just see you in the stands laughing. ;) Precious.
....and you bring joy into this world by your laughter
Post a Comment