Friday, April 29, 2011

Birds and "J" names

In Arkansas, my hummingbirds would begin to show up at this time of year. They peaked in August and were crazy - ten to fifteen at a time buzzing around the feeder. Today I had my first "bird thrill" in Michigan - there was an oriole on the deck! I have never seen one before and it was the most beautiful color of orange. I'll have to see if it returns. We have lots of gold finches around and I've heard the hummingbirds are here, too, but I doubt they can put on as good of a show as the ones in Arkansas. As I'm reading what I just wrote, I am thinking about what a great really old person I will make one day . . .

Another thing that thrills me - the amount of people here with "J" names. I have three friends that go by the name Jen/Jenn, I know other Julie's, a Juliette, one or two Julianas, some Jasons and some Jeffs. J names must have been popular in the 70s in the North.

Lastly, I am now officially the PTA secretary. Mainly because no one else wanted the position. I also finely ended up being the assistant Daisy Scout leader, but it has actually been somewhat fun. They are a nice group of girls and Katrina LOVES it (I thought maybe I could convince her to not what to do it next year, but that was a no go). Happy weekend!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Great bird picture!!!

Julie said...

I didn't take the picture - just snagged it off the internet, but I thought it was pretty too.