OK, so every now and then I think about stopping my blog and just putting stuff onto Facebook as everyone is on there. But here is my problem with Facebook. I am a relatively private person. I have "friends" on Facebook, but I think there should be an option on Facebook to mark someone as an "acquaintance" or "casual friend" or "I met this person at school and they thought we should become 'friends' even though we only talked for five minutes." I think 80% of my current "friends" would be switched to one of those options. The remaining 20% I really do care about - I want to see pictures of their kids, hear what is going on in their lives, see what random thoughts are going on in there heads. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to sort people on there so that I can only see the ones I want to see without "un-friending" the 80% which might lead to some hurt feelings. And I really don't want everyone who I am currently "friends" with viewing all of my photos of my kids, my home, my friends. So alas, I will continue my blog to share stories and photos to my friends and family. And Facebook, maybe one day I will understand you, but until then we will just be casual acquaintances.
2 comments:
I have a little problem with Facebook, too. For example, I get notices announcing the "birthdays this week" of people I hardly know! My response was to take my birthday off of my information.
I love facebook, but its hard to draw the line on sharing and friends. I think facebook should be more than a high school reunion. Most of the time it is. I have discovered that my first cousin is hilarious and I love her posts, I never even knew she had a sense of humor at our incredibly boring family dinners growing up.
Glad you are still blogging, I read it all even when I don't comment!
Post a Comment