Monday, August 29, 2011

Fall is in the air

So right now it is a brisk 56 degrees outside. Just a few of the trees around have begun to change color, but the rest are still vibrant green. Fall is getting closer though. The acorns have begun to fall from our very tall trees again (no one has been hit on the head yet, but it will happen eventually). The turkeys are back in action and the babies are all grown up. Rambo and Vader, the outdoor cats, seem to be sticking closer to home the past week or so. We are finding wooly caterpillars. Katrina even has an official form filled out and put into her backpack. The highs during the days are in the 70s. Yesterday was only 72. I am still so happy to be back to NORMAL seasons!

I am working on getting the kids swimming pool cleaned out and put away and we discovered frogs yesterday. Ethan was thrilled so we made a little make-shift pond in a garbage can lid and hopefully the frogs will survive. We also have tadpoles in a container in the garage that we are watching (brought them home from a pond) and a caterpillar in a bug cage in the kitchen.

Chewy, the kitten, is doing great. He is the sweetest and as I'm typing he and Sara are running around the house. We've let one dog in at a time on a leash to smell the kitten, but we're still keeping everyone seperated until he gets bigger. Looking forward to a final week of fun with the kids!

3 comments:

Sue said...

You live in a beautiful place.

I remember all those little creatures you kept in your bedroom during your youth. They were dirty and smelly and noisy at times.

Had I known that you were just getting ready to enjoy life with my grandchildren, I wouldn't have minded at all. Sorry for anything negative I ever said about all the wildlife you absolutely had to have.

Denise said...

Yes, Lizzy and Charlie are fascinated by the stories of the zoo you had in your bedroom. Too bad they got stuck with me!

Sue said...

Oh Denise - you too have extraordinary talents! Your written words, your cakes, your ability to plan in detail, and many more.

I can compare Julie's creatures to your books! Your room was full of books! Words are your magic! You entertain your children and others with words instead of live animals.

Had I known that you were just getting ready to pass on the magic of words to my grandchildren, I wouldn't have been so negative about all the books you had. And I am sorry about anything negative I ever said about your collection.

This blog is certainly humbling. Geez.