Friday, August 12, 2011

A Lesson in Patience

So we have been waiting to bring Chewy home. Waiting and waiting. It feels like a month although it hasn't been quite a week. At the shelter here, they neuter and spay all animals before they can leave and I can understand this. Chewy was supposed to be neutered yesterday and we were going to bring him home tomorrow. However, he has a cold which we knew about when we picked him out. When we went to see him yesterday, they were getting ready to neuter him so we all became excited. I called today, however, and he wasn't neutered. His cold is too bad for them to do it at this point. And again, I totally get it. I don't want to do anything that will risk his health. BUT WE WANT HIM HOME. Since mentioning to people that we were getting a kitty, I have had three offers of a kitten from people with litters or friend's with litters that will need homes. We went with a shelter, though, as they are truly trying to support an agency that is trying to prevent the problem we have now with too many animals. So we wait. And I'm frustrated. We're trying to be patient. Both kids cried when I told them Chewy wouldn't be home until sometime next week, possibly not even then. But he is sweet and needs a home so we will wait. Maybe not patiently, but we will wait.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I hope the waiting is moving fast!