One of the things that makes me smile about Katrina is how she loves to decorate for any occassion. Right now she has streamers hanging in her room in preperation for her birthday. Last night, she found the window crayons and decorated the windows, glass doors, etc for Halloween. Several times today I have scared myself as I saw something over my shoulder and turned around only to realize it was the word "BOO!" written on the window which has made me laugh out loud. I'll have to tell Katrina this when I pick her up today as she'll be thrilled to know her "boo" scared me.
Ethan and I built a fort yesterday in the kitchen with chairs and a blanket. Ethan has now moved half his bedroom into this little fort and would gladly sleep there if we let him. Amazing how such simple things can amuse them for so long. I don't think we built a single fort this summer out of blankets and chairs - how could that have happened? I highly recommend building a fort today for a kiddo! Days and days of fun!
Ethan just reported that there is a leaf storm outside. This is one of my favorite times at our house. With one little gust of window, thousands of leaves fall from our very tall, old trees surrounding our house. It does indeed resemble a storm. Ethan now has his binoculars out looking at the storm. Good thing he put those in his fort so that he was prepared.
I am amazed by how much Ethan has learned at school so far. He is picking everything up so quickly. Katrina can read like nobody's business and is also doing well at math. They both have FABULOUS teachers and we're so pleased. Ethan's favorite part of school is "chasing girls on the playground." Apparently, he and his "buddies" do this every day. Some days he is so busy chasing he reports that he didn't even eat his snack. Boys!
2 comments:
It sounds like fun at your house. And I love to make forts. How do the dogs handle them?
You are such a great Momma!! Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful Fall!!
Paulina
Post a Comment