There is lot to learn when you move to a new state. Even after a year I'm still learning lots of things about this area. Did you know the state of Michigan is shaped like a mitten and that Michigan refers to itself as the mitten state? Who knew!
On Friday, Ethan's class went to a pumpkin patch/farm. We had a hayride, a fresh pumpkin donut, they played in a straw filled play area, they petted goats and chickens, acted out a story with props, saw pigs and cows, and then played in a big sand filled play area with all kinds of neat toys. His class has 11 boys and 4 girls - didn't realize they had so many boys!! We're getting ready for Halloween parties next week and I signed up to chair Katrina's before I realized that I now have two kids having afternoon Halloween parties instead of one so Greg is taking off work early to come and help. The week after Halloween Katrina has her field trip to the Grand Rapids Children's Museum. We have never been and I'm excited to check it out!
Katrina will be SEVEN in two weeks - how did that ever happen?? They actually don't have school on her birthday so we're doing a "spa day" with her two best buddies which should be an adventure. They're getting their nails painted, a feather in their hair, their hair styled, and getting a glitter tatoo. It should be quite an adventure!! She is very excited!! But wow, SEVEN!!
5 comments:
I think it is great Greg is going to a school party!! Knowing Greg, he will love it! Is he going to dress up?
And I agree Katrina's seventh birthday got here very quickly.
It certainly sounds like all is well at your house.
Halloween is a great time for fun; glad you and Greg are jumping in; seven years old! WOW; enjoy the museum;
I hope Greg gets to dance at the school party. That would be the icing on the cupcake! As a Hoosier, I am sad I did not know about the "Mitten State". Wonder if they keep that secret within state lines? hmmmm....
We just had a crossword puzzle clue of "Thumb locale: Abbr." The answer was "Mich." Never would have gotten it with your current blog. I didn't know Michigan was the mitten state, either, Kate, and I grew up in Ohio.
Kate, I will be sure to tell E's teacher that Greg has been practicing a dance solo he would like to present to the class :)
Mom, glad I could help - what a timely post!
Sincerely,
The One Who Lives on the Pinky Side of the Mitten
Post a Comment