Friday, February 5, 2010

Katrina's favorite song of 2009


My great friend, Kate, reminded me in her comments about Katrina's favorite song from preschool last year. I had never heard of this song in my life prior to moving here and apparently they sang it a lot as she sang it all the time. Or perhaps I made her sing it to everyone as I couldn't believe the words. Here are the lyrics:


No more pie, no more pie

I'll have to go to town, I'll have to go to town,

Car won't go, car won't go,

I'll have to call a tow, I'll have to call a tow,

Tow got stuck in the rain, tow got stuck in the rain

I guess I'll take a train, I guess I'll take a train

Train had a wreck, train had a wreck

I think I broke my neck.


Cheerful lyrics, eh? There were movements that went with the song as well. I'll leave those to your imagination!!


Kind of an uneventful week here. Katrina's speech pathologist is thrilled with how quickly she is progressing now which is great news. We found a new pediatrician who is an hour away that we will go to in two more weeks - I have high hopes for this one. I have given up on health care anywhere close by. It is a nightmare here. We go to the Children's Hospital in Little Rock next week for her eye appointment - I think her eyes are looking great and hopefully that will be confirmed at the appointment. The picture above is from about a month ago when she dressed Mama up in a pink onsie. Mama, being a great sport, wore it all day and even seemed to enjoy it. Pink really is her color.


Ethan has been doing slightly better with sleeping, but the other night I ended up in his room and even before he opened his eyes in the morning he muttered, "You the best mommy in the whole world." Sweet boy. Made the sleepless night almost worth it. Happy weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had the opportunity of hearing Katrina sing the sing about the broken neck. At the beginning of the song, I thought this is cute - I wonder how it ends. I now know how it ends and I was wrong thinking it was cute. But, I still love to hear Katrina sing anything.

Also, Ethan seems to have figured out how to get points with his mother. And that's a beautiful picture of Katrina and Mama.

Love to all,
Grammy Sue

Denise said...

Gosh, don't run out of pie or you'll die!

I'm with Grammy. Beautiful girl you have there.

Lastly, I think Ethan's right.

Anonymous said...

Gee... good thing I made a pie today. I hadn't thought of it as a life or death issue. Thankfully, I had all the ingredients I needed and did not have to go to the store.

Kathryn said...

Laughing! Thank you for preserving the lyrics for all time!! That is a gorgeous photo of Katrina. Sweet Ethan, what else is there to say about him? Love those kids and hope you stay in AR forever. j/k

Kari said...

We been reading the book There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly ... with rhyming words - perhaps she'll die. I can't bring myself to say it so I use perhaps she'll cry - and the kids don't know the difference and love the silliness of the story. The ending involves eating a horse and she's dead of course - but I simply say she fell over - not exactly a rhyming finish. Katrina's little song beats this hands down. Geesh - creepy.

Julie said...

Oh Kari, that is hilarious. I knew the part about the dying, but I didn't realize she eats a horse. Geesh, and they say nursery rhymes are so important for early reading. I think we seriously need some new nursery rhymes.