Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lost - Black cow

On the way out of here to go anywhere, I drive down the same curvy road. I do this at least two times a day and I've been noticing a standard paper size sign posted on a telephone post on part of this curvy road where you go between 40-50 mph. Each day I have tried to slow down to read this sign. The first word is easy - "Lost". I have slowly pieced a bit more together - "Lost - black cow." I could still tell there were more words on this small piece of paper. Yesterday I figured out more - "Lost - black cow & brown calf." Today I am figuring out even more - "Lost - black cow & brown calf & white calf." Somewhere in teeny tiny print I imagine there is a phone number. I almost want to call this person and offer them some sign advice.

So I keep my eyes open for a mama cow and two calves. If I find her, I could try to keep her for a few days to see what it is like to have a dairy cow. Not too far from here a hay round fell off a truck and there is hay everywhere so I could get some free hay to feed them. All I know is that if I lost a cow and two calves I would have made a really big sign and posted it near a stop sign so that people could see it and read it. However, this sign cracks me up and entertains me every time I drive past it. Perhaps I should just post a sign like that on another telephone post - "Lost - peacock. Answers to the name of Ricky." Because if I had a peacock I would name it Ricky. Have I mentioned I'm sleep deprived?? :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How big would you make the sign for a lost peacock? And what color would you use? You probably have some time to think about these things because you don't have a peacock yet. Sorry, I mean - you don't have Ricky yet.

And good luck with the dairy.

Denise said...

I'll keep my eyes open for you in case they've wandered east.

So were you lonely?

Denise said...

Be honest . . .

Julie said...

Wasn't lonely at all, but you must remember that I am surrounded by three to four dogs (if Betsy if here) and three cats who all want attention so it is ever quiet. So yes, tickets are on YOU and I'm going to be really HUNGRY :P

Kathryn said...

LOL! Another great story for your book! It's gonna have many chapters, you know?

Danica said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still out hunting cows?