Yesterday the kids came home from our long day and were riding around on Katrina's plasma car (and yes, Ethan is wearing Katrina's green flower PJs - got to pick your battles, right?) and they were having so much fun. They were giggling so hard and I thought I would go and get my camera. I only captured about three seconds of footage before disaster struck, but I thought those few seconds were pretty funny. Only mild, brief crying occurred at the end and everyone was fine. Those are two of our dogs, Mater (the white and brown one) and Bella (the brown one).
When I was getting Katrina dressed yesterday she asks in the most casual voice to me, "Can you do a double flip?". I laughed out loud. I would have love to have said, "Yes, sure can," and then I would have popped myself in the air and done two flips in the air. I can already picture the expression on her face. I love that expression when she is amazed by something I can do. I probably could have done two somersaults on the floor in a row and she would have been impressed. But man, somersaults HURT when you are grown-up. I kind of remember them hurting my head when I was a kid, but add some inches and pounds to that and yowser! I figure I might as well enjoy that look of amazement when I can get it because in not that many more years she'll figure me out! Happy Wednesday!
3 comments:
Gee... it looks like Katrina was taken to the ground by her brother with the help of two four-legged friends. Good to hear everyone survived.
Julie - can you hula-hoop? The new Better Homes and Garden magazines tells how to do it. That might impress Katrina.
I will have to check that out. That would also be impressive. I might also work on learning how to do a cartwheel. Never learned how to do one. Surely youtube has a video. . .or I could videotape my attempts at learning how to do one and post it. Could be entertaining.
Maybe you should try juggling or something . . . And Lizzy can teach you how to hula-hoop. She is fabulous with it. I've never seen anyone as good as she is actually.
That video was funny! Glad everyone was ok. Sounded like it was a lot of fun for a little while.
Post a Comment