Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting ready for school













Katrina is adamant that she does not want to go to kindergarten here. She wants to wait until we get to Michigan which should be okay as they don't start until after Labor Day. She might miss the first week or two, but I don't think that is a big deal. I have made a deal with her that if she doesn't go to school until we move that we need to work on school stuff every day. Yesterday we did about 15 sight words and she did great. This morning she came out of her room practicing them on her own. She even read two sentences in a book before becoming totally frustrated and storming out even though she was doing great. She just wants to READ and not have to sound stuff out. I'm going to try to do 10-15 words a day with her until we move (minus some days as it will just be crazy around here sometimes). Ethan is also very good at writing his name, counting, writing some other letters and numbers, etc. He turns FOUR on Sunday. Can't believe that. Once we return from Michigan I think I'm going to call his preschool here and pull him out of that, too.



Last night we met with a realtor recommended by a friend and as soon as we get some more info from the relocation company, we will have the house listed. We leave in one week from today to house hunt and will hopefully make an offer at that time. Katrina found one with a great playground that she wants us to buy. The kids are still working on cleaning the house right now (aka spraying everything in sight with their spray bottles). It is hard to keep a house clean. I'm already burnt out from it which is perhaps one reason why I am looking so forward to moving and being DONE keeping this place spotless. Off to play with some friends today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures as always. They both look darling.

And smart .... have I ever told you how smart my grandchildren are? It is true. Really.

It looks like Sara gets a lot of love.