Friday, July 2, 2010

The baby birds have hatched!




We were very excited the other day to peek into the nest and see the little birds (chickadees I think) hatching from their eggs! I held the kids up so that they could peek in. We see the mother and father birds (I didn't know that bird fathers stuck around) hopping in and out all day long with food in their mouths. We can easily see the hanging flower pot from our family room window so we have lots of entertainment right now! In the picture there is a newly hatched bird pretty much front and center. You might need to double click on it to see it a bit bigger. Here is also a picture of Ethan wearing a new outfit!

The weather has been cooler here which is great. We have actually been able to play outside in the mornings and evenings. Other than that, kind of quiet around here! Happy weekend to everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan looks so old!!! And tall! And handsome!! I love the picture.

I did enlarge the bird picture and saw what I think was a baby bird. It would be fun to watch them from the house.

Love to all!

Anonymous said...

This a comment from Lizzy - I thought the baby birds were really cute. Are you guys going to come down to our house this year?

Denise said...

We are home . . . and wishing we lived closer to everyone.