Here is Katrina with her latest and greatest way of carrying Sara around the house. Sara stays in there and even fell asleep in it. Katrina was thrilled to say the least!
In the background of that picture, you can see Betsy the bassett hound. Betsy lives about half a mile from us and is the sweetest dog, but her people take horrible care of her to say the least. We have started to see her on a busy road not too far from here and she has been about to get hit several times. She is such a good girl and deserves a better life than what she has. So we're dognapping her. Well, actually, we're giving it a two-week trial to see if she can get along with our cats. She doesn't really like cats, but loves Bella and Mater. I think we can get her used to them. We've just never put much energy into it before because we keep her for a couple of days and then we let her go (we've done this when it is freezing cold out, burning hot, the time she broke her foot and her owners didn't do a darn thing even after I drove her to their house, bad storms, just because, etc).
I think we can do this. I'm just going to mention to some of the neighbors that Betsy has been hanging out at our house a ton on the very offchance that her people do ask around. Honestly, they don't care. They used to have another young dog that was hit or ran off. It was a sweet puppy and I had left notes on their door three times about the pup being at our house. They would come and pick her up, but the next day she was back out. She lasted about a week or two before she was never to be seen again. In case you can't tell by my rambling, I do feel a touch of guilt, but this needs to be done! Off to get the kids to rest! Happy tuesday!
4 comments:
Really Denise says . . . Welcome to the good life, Betsy!
Really Sue says.... I am amazed at the willingness of Sara of cooperate with Katrina. Or of the magic of Katrina to control Sara. Just amazing!
I agree with Denise. Betsy is lucky to have wandered into your world.
The poor thing is going to get hit. She has come close to many times that we have witnessed and her people just frustrate me. Ugh. She is doing great though and life is good!
Life is good here, too, except for one thing. You, Katrina, Ethan, and Greg are not here. Thinking of you!!!! Love to all.
Post a Comment