
It is HOT here. Yesterday it was 103. We are going to attempt to go to the pool today with Grammy, but you can't stay for too long with little ones when it is this hot out (or I guess you can, but I am paranoid about sun exposure).
When we saw Toy Story, I had picked up a booster for Katrina at the ticket counter. This very normal appearing/sounding man/dad walked by us and started a conversation out of the blue about the booster seat and Toy Story and then his teenage son even talked to us about wanting to see the movie. Greg and I both looked at each other with somewhat shocked expressions on our faces. It is so RARE here that people just talk to you like that. Normally people here keep their heads down and avoid eye contact (one of the weirdest things I have ever encountered and I know I'm not alone on this one, Kate!!). Kind of transported us both back to the Midwest for a short moment. No matter how long we live here I will never get used to that. Weird! It was a nice, refreshing moment there and sadly I feel like in six to twelve months Greg and I might have a conversation where one of us says to the other, "Remember when we went to Toy Story and that man just started talking to us??".
6 comments:
Oh wow. I always ask where talkative people are from and I get 1. Texas, 2. The Midwest, or 3. "we're military". It is WONDERFUL to experience that. Who would have ever dreamt it would feel so delightful to have a conversation? I sobbed at the end of this movie. Cute photos, as usual. Sorry this is so long...feeling talkative. bahaha
Ethan is THE MAN!! I like the turtle costume; I guess I can't go see Toy Story now; last time I cried at the movies was when I saw Old Yeller; did you cry when Old Yeller died? I bet you did;don't you wonder where that guy was from who was talking to you? I hope you find other friendly people there; never stop looking!!
You're getting your money's worth out of that costume! Charlie still wears his firefighter costume from when he was 3. Now it's more like firefighter knickers with a stylishly cropped jacket.
just to report...we did go swimming and it was hot!
We went to theLake Ft. Smith State Park pool. The kids pool area is wonderful and the park is beautiful. I highly recommend it.
See Kate, we knew those Texans were nice, too! Dad, I don't think I ever watched all of Ol' Yeller. Probably would have cried. Toy Story was sob-worthy sad. I didn't know it was going to be sad. Great movie, though!
Nick - thanks for the spoiler on Old Yeller. I was finally going to catch that this weekend...
Post a Comment