Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Swimming, soccer, and sprinkles




This has been a fun summer so far. Yesterday we had our best buddies over to play and a great time was had by all. That evening Ethan played some soccer while Katrina swam, and then afterwards we played hide and go seek. While Ethan was seeking us, it started to sprinkle. At this point, both kids raced inside to get rain boots, rain coats, and umbrellas. Sadly, by the time all of this paraphernalia was obtained, the sprinkles had stopped (I tried to warn them about this, but somethings just must be experienced over and over before it sinks in - I also tried to talk them out of the rain coats as it was over 90 outside).
They are both getting so big. Today Ethan discovered he could touch in the big pool that we go to and he even put his whole head under the water (granted it wasn't on purpose, but he didn't freak out). Katrina's whole head went under the water when I failed to catch her correctly apparently and she wasn't too pleased and repeatedly lectured me on the proper manner in which she should be caught. Our kids are definitely not daredevils in the water, but every time we go they do something new so that is good. Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan looks like he has developed great soccer form. Loved the pictures of both Katrina and Ethan. I also loved the turtle cage in the background. Somebody went to a lot of work.

Denise said...

So glad you posted something new! I've been checking and checking. I've been wondering what's going on with the happyhitchcockfamily.

Possibly you should consider changing your last name to that.

"Now how do you spell your last name?" ;)

Anonymous said...

I am like Denise. I keep checking to is if there are any new pictures or stories from the happyhitchcockfamily.

Next time you order pizza use it. And tell us what the reaction was.

Julie said...

They have a hard time understanding me here when I say "I would like a large cheese pizza." That last name would throw them over the edge. I would never get my pizza.