Thursday, June 17, 2010

Art class

Kind of another slow summer day here. Today the kids and I went to a local art center for a class. They learned about cool and warm colors and painted an animal mask made of plaster. They both seemed to really like it and we're going to try it again next week. Now we're just hanging out at home because they both seem tired.


Ethan found a new turtle in the backyard this morning. It is so big he has to use two hands to hold it. He was thrilled and checks on it every few minutes. Our last turtles mysteriously disappeared. I believe Bella, who was the finder of the turtles to start with, jumped Greg's fence to the turtle compound and snuck them back out. She must have gotten bored soon after that and they crawled away as we haven't found any vacant turtle shells around the yard. Katrina is playing in her room with Sara. And me, I'm sitting here trying to think of a story to tell so that I can put off cleaning the kitchen, but alas, nothing comes to mind. I guess I'm off to clean - eeegads!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Get to cleaning, woman!!!

Julie said...

Get to workin', man!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cleaning. IF you do come up with an excuse, please share it with me.

Art class sounds like fun!!!!

Denise said...

Your two comments made me laugh out loud. Lizzy, who was in the other room, said, "What is it? Is it Aunt Julie's blog?" Guess it makes me laugh a lot!

Now Lizzy is asking me why I didn't just write LOL.

Julie said...

Lizzy is very clever. She is correct - it would have been faster. Ahhh, kids today . . .

Anonymous said...

LOL & LOL