Here is a picture of Katrina minus a tooth. This top one was super wiggly and was getting to the point where it was getting twisted. My sister had told me that she had read to loop dental floss around the remaining root and to pull it (she had used this trick on my niece). Katrina wanted to pull the dental floss so I told her to go for it. After over 100 tugs on this tooth, it was still in and she was getting upset that it hadn't fallen out . She wanted me to pull it. I don't mind blood, I am somewhat fascinated by injuries, I love getting splinters out, but for some reason, pulling a tooth makes me lightheaded. She was begging me to do it so I braced her head against me, closed my eyes, and pulled. "Pop," went the tooth and it fell onto the floor. Katrina was very excited and never once cried. The tooth fairy left her $2 and she was thrilled. The downside is that it is hard to talk when you are missing that tooth. She is "re-learning" how to make some speech sounds with this big hole in her mouth!
6 comments:
Such a cutie!! Can you believe she's old enough to be LOSING her teeth??? I just love that girl! I am, after all, the breath of her heart.
And you are so heartful, too. She adores you!
The breath of her heart. Oh, that makes me so happy!
Children losing teeth IS a competition,and Annabelle is LOSING. She doesn't even have one that is loose.
Katrina looks adorable with each new stage that comes along. So thankful you are blogging so I can follow your Arkansas story.
She is so cute with or without teeth. That Tooth Fairy is very generous.
Kate, I have read that kids that get their teeth early as babies lose them earlier and mine had mouthfuls of teeth when they were pretty darn young. I'm sure Clay is equally anxious for her to start having loose teeth so that he can YANK 'em! Ha ha!
That is the cutest picture Julie! She's a beauty!
Post a Comment