Katrina has decided that she only wants to go to school in Michigan which is fine with me as they don't start until after Labor Day. I was kind of surprised, though, when I started looking into specific schools that the kindergartens up there aren't all day, every day. Most of them are three half days a week. I must admit I'm kind of excited about that as that means I kind of still have one more year with her before she goes to big kid school. Last year she went to preschool five half days a week in addition to two afternoons of speech preschool. This year should be easy for her in terms of the schedule!!
The birthday excitement is building here. Ethan is counting down the days (only two to go). Here is a sample conversation that we have had about thirty times today:
Him: First, Pappaw Nick and Grandma Sandy get here. Then it be my birthday.
Me: No, first they get here and then the next day you go to the toy store and then it will be your birthday.
Him: First, Pappaw Nick and Grandma Sandy get here, then go to toy store, and then it be my birthday.
Me: Yes
Him (ten seconds later) - First, Pappaw Nick and Grandma Sandy get here, then go to toy store, and then it be my birthday.
Me: That's right, buddy. Then it will be your birthday.
Him (eight seconds later) - See above statement and imagine this going on for half an hour.
He is seriously getting excited. Can't believe he is going to be four!
4 comments:
I can't believe he is four either. The next two days may be long for him with all the anticipation. But I have always found that anticipation can add to the fun of celebrations ... most of the time.
4! So old!
Can you believe I have a 3rd grader????? Thank goodness we're not getting old along with them. Right?
WAY TOO YOUNG LOOKING to have a third grader - clearly you had her VERY young. A third grader - WOW. I hadn't really thought about that. I miss you!
Seems impossible that the little baby I met at the park is turning 4!! Wow, in some way it has flown by. Soooo glad we know you. :) Happy Birthday sweet boy!
Post a Comment