Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Michigan or Bust - THE BIG NEWS

We're moving to Michigan! Greg accepted a job this weekend from Leprino (they make cheese) and we are very excited to announce our move to the Allendale, Michigan area (or for those Ohio State fans out there - my dad refuses to spell out the word properly - ***igan). The job was too good to turn down (they even flew him out on a private jet after he initially turned the offer down) and gets us much closer to our families. We will be 5-6 hours from my family and 9-10 from Greg's family. We will actually be able to DRIVE to see people and save our flying to see my sister's family and for REAL VACATIONS. Greg will be starting in mid-August and we are hoping to sell the house quickly (not sure if we're dreaming) or take the buyout offer (not sure how good the offer will be) so that we can join him and get settled before school starts or soon afterwards. So much to do before then, but we're very excited and wanted to share our great news!! We're off to New York this week which will be so much fun and then we're back to packing, making calls, weeding, cleaning, etc!

7 comments:

Rachel Freeman said...

Ahhh, I'm excited for you guys, but geez I hate that you are moving...I know how important it is to be close to family. Let me know if you need some help packing! Have fun in New York! You guys will certainly be missed!

Danica said...

I am super happy for you!!! We will be in PA soon. Not so far really... : )

Amanda N. said...

Awesome news!!! Your Columbus friends miss you! =)

Kathryn said...

Let me know how I can help.

This is a wonderful opportunity. I keep chanting that to myself. :)

Darla said...

JULIE !!! So happy for you and you will have to keep us posted on your new adventures !

Kari said...

CONGRATULATIONS ... what happy news! Life will get crazy for the rest of the summer, won't it? I hope you can quickly get settled in for the upcoming school year.

Unknown said...

Great! We have a lot of helpers for moving day!!!