Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Turtles, new outfits, and Brett Michaels


Today was an exciting day. I looked outside and saw that Bella had something in her mouth. I went outside to figure out what it was and it was a turtle! Arkansas has fabulous turtles. Last year Greg made a turtle "pool house" and we had a a turtle or two all summer long (when we found a new turtle we would let one of the former captors free). Below is a video of Ethan with his turtle. Here is also a picture of Katrina in one of her fancy dresses before we headed out for preschool.

On Monday night we had our first tornado warning of the season. We woke up the kids and loaded humans and pets alike into the storm shelter. Very, very few people here have storm shelters and basements are almost non-existant. It is shocking to me how unprepared people are for storms when we live almost in tornado alley. I had to laugh after a discussion with a realtor recently - apparently our very expensive small shelter added about $10 to the value of our home as people don't really care if a house has one or not. Ten dollars might be an overestimate as far as I could tell. Oh well, I'm very glad we have it.

On a funny note, I read yesterday that Brett Michaels is scheduled in two more weeks to come to . . . . drumroll please. . . . Arkansas. It is his "big" tour after his brain hemorrage. All I could picture after I had read this was him being surrounded by reporters shouting, "Brett, Brett, what are you going to do now that you have survived this experience??," He then would shout out, "I'm going to Arkansas!!" (in the same spirit as those Disney World commercials). This is where all the hippest people come!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved Katrina's sunglasses and shoes, as well as the dress. She sure is cute.

Ethan loves turtles. It was nice of Mater to give him one.

The new camera seems to work well.

Anonymous said...

Miss Katrina is soooo cute in her outfit; your camera works great; never heard of Bret Micheals; is this turtle the first summer resident?

Denise said...

Of course it's where the hippest people come! Totally obvious from that pic of Katrina! I want to be that hip!

Denise said...

I also love the open refrigerator door behind that sweet girl! Real life.

Julie said...

First turtle of the season, and dad, Brett Michaels is from the 80s rock band, Poison. It is hard to be as hip as I am. Really is a burden sometimes.

Kathryn said...

I love Katrina's dress. Oh, you make me laugh. Brett Michaels coming to Arkansas! Fabulous. So glad you have a blog. :)