Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Falling things/people

I had a feeling when I started using an oil based primer on Ethan's walls to cover up the cigarette smell today that something was going to happen. Something not so good. And it did. I went to move the ladder and the painting tray fell onto the carpet. Paint splashed on the bottom of his beautiful hickory (I believe - whatever wood it is, it is very nice) closet doors. Despite my best attempts, some white still remains on the doors and carpet, but it doesn't look too horrible. On the positive side, his room no longer smells like smoke! The true test will come tonight when the windows are closed - it is GORGEOUS outside and all the windows are open.

The paint wasn't the only thing that fell today. I fell. Hard. I was running acrossed the road to get the mail in silly sandals and I tripped. I tried to put off falling as long as I could. I think I staggered for about six feet before I knew it was inevitable that a fall was going to take place. And I fell. I landed on my right hand with the puncture wounds from the cat bite. And it hurt. Very badly. It felt like my hand was ripping open. I also landed on my right knee and foot and ripped my pants and my knee is really banged up. Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. I guess at this point I should be glad I didn't get hit by a car. The good thing is it is SO FLAT here that I knew a car wasn't coming for at least a mile in either direction. Guess it could have been worse!! I hope someone at least gets a chuckle out of the image of me attempting not to fall for at least five seconds. If it didn't hurt, I would be laughing. OK, just laughed. I'm so tired of being hurt. I need to live in a bubble for the next few weeks.

Today the kids have their first soccer practice followed immediately by ballet for Katrina (I'm hoping we aren't late) and then tonight there is a girl scouts meeting. I was hoping Katrina would forget about that meeting, but she didn't. She's positive she wants to be a girl scout. Cookies, anyone?? :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

I think you need to take a break. It's okay to live among chaos. Live being the vitally important word there.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Denise.......slow down; of course, you know I used to be an EMT for many years so maybe I just need to come up and be your emergency first aid dude; don't you just love it when I give you advice!?!?

Anonymous said...

Ok. No advice from me. And I love love love Girl Scout cookies!

Kathryn said...

No, I can't laugh about it. Darn it, Julie!! Hope your days get easier. Sounds like the kids are getting pretty busy. That will be a great way to meet mamas! yay!