Monday, September 27, 2010

Soccer, shots, and landscaping . . . and a washing machine to boot!








Finally, I have downloaded some pictures!! The first ones are from the first soccer practice last week. You will notice Katrina being a little turkey in the second one! she also insisted on wearing a skirt to soccer, but I've decided to pick my battles these days. The bottom one is actually their first day of school picture. You will notice the moving chaos all around them!! At least I remembered to take a picture though. I'll take a victory where I can get it! :)
Life is slowly falling into place here. We're sorting through all the random bills and paperwork that have accumulated with the move. Amazing how much time you can lose on phone calls to big companies - ugh! Tonight we went and bought a new washing machine as ours was killed somewhere between Arkansas and Michigan. The poor thing - it didn't stand a chance. So we get a new washer! The people who used to live here left their washing machine, but it tears stuff up. I had two shirts that didn't survive the wash. Tough month for laundry related things around here!!
Today we went to a new pediatrician - really liked it there. The only downside - they do the big round of shots at age four so poor Ethan had FIVE shots today in his legs. I'm not sure how well he will sleep tonight, poor guy.
There is a little farmer's market about a mile from here that I stopped at and was THRILLED that she sells eggs from her own chickens for $1.50 a dozen! Plus she had just gathered them this morning! A little thrill for me!
And on a final note, the dogs are LOVING their fenced in yard. Part of it is wooded and they run all around like crazy and the cats LOVE being outside again. Rambo and Vader quickly learned how far they could go and are having fun helping me weed the garden!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Love the pics! Both of the kids look so much older!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! I loved them and agree with Denise that Katrina and Ethan look older. Sorry about all the clothes that have been ripped up by animals, rough surfaces and washers. Keep those pics coming.

Kathryn said...

Katrina is the most stylish soccer player I have ever seen. Sorry about your washer. Farmer's Market sounds heavenly. Lucky you. :)